- As of the end of tonight’s game, the Sabres led the league with 21 goals through five preseason games, including a league-best nine special-teams goals (four power play, five shorthanded).
- With Jack Eichel’s second shorthanded goal of the preseason, the Sabres have now scored a shorthanded goal in each of the team’s five preseason games.
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the team’s regular-season record for most consecutive games with a shorthanded goal is four (2x, 2/26/94-3/6/94 & 3/28/95-4/4/95).
- Evan Rodrigues led the Sabres with two goals tonight, getting the first two NHL preseason points of his career.
- In his return from an injury that kept him out of the first four preseason games, Rasmus Ristolainen led both teams with 23:32 of ice time. Cody Franson (21:49) ranked second among Sabres skaters and logged a game-high plus-3 rating against his former team.
- Tonight’s Attendance: 17,357
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Evan Rodrigues
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock
Maple Leafs forward William Nylander
Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul
Maple Leafs goaltender Jonathan Bernier
Maple Leafs goaltender James Reimer