The Buffalo Sabres have acquired forward Wayne Simmonds from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for a conditional fifth-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft.
- Has recorded 498 points in 12 NHL seasons, scoring at least 20 goals six times. Has totaled 21 points (8+13) in 44 games in seven career playoff appearances.
- Served as an alternate captain for the Philadelphia Flyers for five seasons (2014-15 to 2018-19) and won the Mark Messier Leadership Award in 2019.
- Represented Canada at the 2013 and 2017 IIHF World Championships, earning a silver medal in 2017.
- Earned MVP honors at the 2017 NHL All-Star Game after helping lead the Metropolitan Division to the All-Star Game title with three goals.
- With his goal tonight, Nikita Zadorov now has seven points (1+6) in his last seven games played.
- Zadorov’s goal was Buffalo’s first 5-on-3 goal since March 23, 2013, when Thomas Vanek opened the scoring in a 2-1 win at Montreal.
- In his Sabres debut, Zach Bogosian led all skaters on either team with an ice time of 24:49. He became the first player to lead the team in time on ice in his Sabres debut since Jaroslav Spacek (22:58) on Oct. 4, 2006 at Carolina.
- With 11 hits, Bogosian posted the highest hit total by a Sabres player since Steve Ott had 11 on Feb. 15, 2013 vs. Boston.
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres defenseman Zach Bogosian
Sabres defenseman Nikita Zadorov
Sabres goaltender Michal Neuvirth
Flyers head coach Craig Berube
Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds
Flyers forward Claude Giroux
Flyers forward Michael Raffl
Flyers goaltender Ray Emery