- With the loss, the Sabres have lost three straight games in regulation for the first time since Jan. 20 to 25. The team is now on its first six-game winless streak since Dec. 28, 2015 to Jan. 8, 2016.
- The Lightning have now won four consecutive games in Buffalo for the first time since March 19, 1995 to Oct. 15, 1996. The Sabres’ last home win against the Lightning was a 2-1 shootout victory on Dec. 2, 2014.
- Dan Bylsma coached his 500th regular-season NHL game as a tonight. Bylsma became the 66th coach (18th active) to reach this milestone.
- Among NHL coaches with at least 500 games coached, only Bruce Boudraeu, Scotty Bowman and Toe Blake have a better career record than Bylsma’s 292-161-47 mark.
- Cody Franson’s power-play goal marked his first goal since Jan. 16, 2016 vs. WSH.
- Franson now has three points (2+1) in his last two games against the Lightning.
- Taylor Fedun recorded his first assist as a Sabre on Franson’s goal and now has two points (1+1) in two career games against Tampa Bay.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Kyle Okposo
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres defenseman Cody Franson
Lightning head coach Jon Cooper
Lightning forward Valtteri Filppula
Lightning forward Alex Killorn
Lightning goaltender Ben Bishop