Sabres forward Tage Thompson underwent successful surgery on his right shoulder on Tuesday.
After further evaluation with the Sabres’ team doctors during the rehab process for his injury sustained on Nov. 17, it was determined that surgery was the appropriate next step in Thompson’s recovery process.
Thompson’s expected recovery time will be five to six months.
The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Tage Thompson from the Rochester Americans (AHL).
- Joins the Sabres for his first recall of the season after recording career-high totals in NHL games played (65), goals (7) and points (12) with the team in 2018-19.
- His 12 points this season tie to lead all Rochester Americans skaters. He ranks second on the team with six goals.
- Ranks second in the AHL with 67 shots on goal in 2019-20, averaging more than four shots per game through his first 16 games of the season.
The Sabres have placed the following players on waivers:
Forward Remi Elie
Forward Curtis Lazar
Forward Scott Wilson
Defenseman Casey Nelson
The Sabres have assigned the following players to the Rochester Americans (AHL):
Forward Rasmus Asplund
Forward Tage Thompson
Defenseman Lawrence Pilut
BUFFALO, N.Y. (March 28, 2019) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has assigned forward Tage Thompson to the Rochester Americans (AHL).
- With tonight’s loss, the Sabres have fallen to 19-11-4 at home this season.
- The Stars have now won consecutive games in Buffalo for the first time since they won three straight from Feb. 7, 1992 to Feb. 13, 1994.
- Ben Bishop became the first goaltender to shut the Sabres out twice in a season since Roberto Luongo and Marc-Andre Fleury did so in 2014-15.
- Tage Thompson appeared in his 100th NHL game tonight.
- Rasmus Dahlin led all Sabres with 24:50 of ice time.
|Updated Season Stats
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres forward Alexander Nylander
Sabres forward Tage Thompson
Stars head coach Jim Montgomery
Stars forward Blake Comeau
Stars forward Roope Hintz
Stars goaltender Ben Bishop