- With tonight’s win, the Sabres have swept the season series with the Oilers for the third time in four seasons. Edmonton won both matchups in the 2018-19 season. The teams haven’t split a series since 2013-14, the first season that they resumed facing off twice a year.
- Buffalo improved to 6-2-3 against the Pacific Division in 2019-20, including a 3-0-2 mark at home. The Sabres are 12-5-3 in all home games this season.
- Jack Eichel’s overtime goal was the seventh of his career, breaking a tie with Derek Roy and Thomas Vanek for the most in franchise history.
- Eichel improved to 1-for-2 in his career in penalty shots. His only other attempt was on Dec. 8, 2017 at Chicago against Corey Crawford. It was Buffalo’s only previous penalty shot in overtime in franchise history.
- Eichel has totaled 11 points (6+5) in nine career games against Edmonton.
- With his goal tonight, Sam Reinhart recorded the 100th goal of his NHL career. He now has seven points (2+5) in his last six home games.
- Curtis Lazar’s goal tonight tied his career high with a three-game point streak (2+1). His only other career three-game streak was from March 26 to 29, 2015 (2+1).
- Marcus Johansson picked up the only assist on Lazar’s goal and now has a point in each of his last three games (1+3).
- Victor Olofsson, who was named the NHL’s Rookie of the Month for the month of December, recorded an assist on Reinhart’s goal. He now has 15 points (6+9) in his last 15 games dating back to the beginning of December.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres forward Curtis Lazar
Oilers head coach Dave Tippett
Oilers forward Connor McDavid
Oilers forward Riley Sheahan
Oilers forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins