- With tonight’s win, the Sabres have defeated the Oilers in three straight meetings for the first time since Buffalo won each of the six matchups between the teams from Jan. 16, 2006 to Jan. 3, 2012.
- The Sabres are now 10-4-1 with a plus-19 goal differential (51-32) in their last 15 games against the Oilers.
- Jacob Josefson’s goal tonight was his first as a member of the Sabres. He now has a point in consecutive games (1+1) after missing 15 games due to a lower-body injury.
- Kyle Okposo, who scored an empty-net goal and earned an assist on Josefson’s goal, now has 12 points (7+5) in 11 career games against the Oilers.
- Jack Eichel’s goal gave him goals in consecutive games and extended his point streak to three games (2+1).
- Evander Kane recorded assist on Buffalo’s last two goals, extending his point streak to four games (2+3) for the second time this month.
- Rasmus Ristolainen also assisted Buffalo’s second and third goals, giving him 10 points (2+8) in eight career games against Edmonton.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres Head Coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Kyle Okposo
Sabres forward Jacob Josefson
Oilers head coach Todd McLellan
Oilers forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Oilers forward Mark Letestu
Oilers goaltender Laurent Brossoit