- Today’s game was the seventh of 11 afternoon games for the Sabres this season; the next will be on Sunday, Feb. 21 vs. Pittsburgh.
- Today’s win was Buffalo’s first against Colorado since Dec. 4, 2005, a 6-4 win in Colorado. Their last home win against the Avalanche was a 3-2 overtime win on March 24, 2003.
- With his goal, Evander Kane now has seven points (6+1) in his last six home games, including five goals in the last four home games.
- Kane now has eight goals in his last 13 games overall.
- Sam Reinhart’s two-point day (1+1) improved him to six points (5+1) in his last six games.
- With two assists today, Ryan O’Reilly now has nine assists in his last seven games.
- Marcus Foligno scored an empty net goal for Buffalo and now has five points (4+1) in seven career games against the Avalanche.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy
Avalanche forward Mikhail Grigorenko
Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson