- The Sabres have earned their first win against the Jets since their 6-5 overtime win on Nov. 8, 2011, the first meeting between the teams after the Thrashers’ move to Winnipeg.
- With a 31-27 advantage tonight, the Sabres have now outshot or tied their opponents in five consecutive games for the first time since they did it in six straight from Nov. 6 to 17, 2010.
- The Sabres had 12 different point-scorers tonight for the first time since their 6-2 win vs. PIT on Feb. 19, 2012.
- Tonight’s win was the Sabres’ first of the season in games in which they trailed after two periods.
- With his goal tonight, Matt Moulson now has 18 points (11+7) in 16 games against Winnipeg/Atlanta, including eight (5+3) in his last seven.
- In his second game of the season, Matt Ellis scored his first goal since Jan. 13, 2012.
Sabres interim head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Steve Ott
Sabres forward Marcus Foligno
Sabres forward Matt Ellis
Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller
Jets head coach Claude Noel
Jets forward Eric O’Dell
Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien
Jets forward Olli Jokinen