- The Sabres held the Capitals to 25 total shots and four shots in the first period, marking the season low for total shots by an opponent and tying the previous single-period low (3x, last: 11/4 at Dallas).
- With his goal, Benoit Pouliot now has five goals and six points in his last seven games.
- Pouliot earned his third game-winning goal of the season, tying for fourth-most in the NHL.
- The Sabres are now 4-0-0 when Pouliot scores and 5-0-0 when he records a point.
- Pouliot also has totaled five points (4+1) in his last five games against the Capitals.
- With two goals tonight, Evander Kane is tied for sixth in the NHL with nine goals.
- Taylor Fedun skated a career-high 20:59 tonight, topping his previous high (18:48, 1/15/16 at Carolina) by more than two minutes.
- With a 24-save performance tonight, Robin Lehner improved to 2-1-1 in five appearances at home this season with a .956 save percentage and a 1.37 goals-against average.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres forward Benoit Pouliot
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Capitals head coach Barry Trotz
Capitals forward Tom Wilson
Capitals forward Nicklas Backstrom
Capitals goaltender Philipp Grubauer