- With his goal tonight, Jack Eichel became the third NHL player to record 30 goals and 30 assists this season. He’s the first Sabres player to do so since Jason Pominville (30+43) in 2011-12.
- Eichel is the 23rd different player in franchise history to accomplish this feat at least once. Gilbert Perreault reached the 30/30 mark a franchise-record 10 times in his 17-season career.
- Eichel reached the 30/30 mark in 50 games played, matching Perreault’s personal best for fewest games needed to get to 30 goals and 30 assists (1974-75).
- With the primary assist on Eichel’s goal, Rasmus Dahlin recorded his 73rd career point, passing Bobby Orr for the fourth-most points by a teenage defenseman in NHL history. He trails only Phil Housley (132), Ray Bourque (79) and Rick Hampton (76).
- Dahlin now has six assists in six career games against the Canadiens, including at least one assist in each of his last four meetings with Montreal.
- Marcus Johansson’s assist tonight gives him nine points (1+8) in his last nine games against Montreal.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Curtis Lazar
Sabres defenseman Jake McCabe
Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton
Canadiens head coach Claude Julien
Canadiens forward Brendan Gallagher
Canadiens forward Nick Suzuki
Canadiens goaltender Carey Price