BUFFALO, N.Y. (October 1, 2018) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has acquired defenseman Jack Dougherty from the Nashville Predators in exchange for forward Nicholas Baptiste.
Dougherty (6’1”, 186 lbs., 5/25/1996) has spent each of the last two seasons playing for the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL), where he appeared in 141 career AHL contests. Nashville’s second-round pick (51st overall) in the 2014 NHL Draft, Dougherty also appeared in three playoff games for the Admirals.
Before turning pro, Dougherty played one season for the Portland Winterhawks (WHL). In 68 games for Portland, the St. Paul, Minnesota native ranked second among team defensemen with 52 points (11+41). He also spent the 2014-15 season with the Wisconsin Badgers (NCAA), where he finished with nine points (2+7) in 33 games as a freshman. Dougherty recorded four points (2+2) in seven games as a member of the United States team that won the gold medal at the 2014 IIHF World U18 Championship.
BUFFALO, N.Y. (July 15, 2018) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed forwards Daniel O’Regan and Nicholas Baptiste to one-year, two-way contracts with average annual values of $874,125 and $787,500, respectively, at the NHL level.
Acquired by Buffalo in February 2018, O’Regan (5’10”, 185 lbs., 1/30/1994) recorded four assists in a career-high 21 NHL games spent with the Sabres and San Jose Sharks in his second professional season in 2017-18. The Berlin, Germany native made his professional debut in 2016-17, leading the San Jose Barracudas and all AHL rookies with 58 points (23+35) in 63 games to earn the Red Garrett Award as the AHL rookie of the year.
San Jose’s fifth-round selection (138th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft, O’Regan has totaled five points (1+4) in 24 NHL games and 98 points (36+62) in 112 career AHL games. Prior to beginning his professional career, O’Regan played four seasons at Boston University, totaling 154 points (66+88) in 154 games.
Baptiste (6’1”, 205 lbs., 8/4/1995) appeared in a career-high 33 NHL games with the Sabres during the 2017-18 season, posting six points (4+2) and 45 shots on goal. A native of Ottawa, Ontario, Baptiste has recorded 10 points (7+3) in 47 career NHL games. He has added 87 points (45+42) in 159 games through three AHL seasons since being selected by the Sabres in the third round (69th overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft.
BUFFALO, N.Y. (June 25, 2018) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has tendered a qualifying offer to forwards Justin Bailey, Nick Baptiste, Sean Malone, Danny O’Regan, Sam Reinhart and C.J. Smith.
BUFFALO, N.Y. (April 8, 2018) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has assigned eight players to the Rochester Americans (AHL): Forwards Nicholas Baptiste, Alexander Nylander and Kevin Porter; defensemen Brendan Guhle, Casey Nelson and Matt Tennyson; goaltenders Linus Ullmark and Adam Wilcox.
- Today’s win was the Sabres’ first against the Blackhawks since Dec. 11, 2009, snapping a 0-9-3 slide against Chicago.
- Nicholas Baptiste (two goals) earned his first career game-winning goal and his first career multi-goal performance.
- With his 145th career point today (assist), Rasmus Ristolainen tied Dmitri Kalinin for 14th-most by a Sabres defenseman. He’s now six shy of tying Tyler Myers for 13th.
- Ristolainen now has six assists in his last seven games against the Blackhawks.
- With his goal today, Ryan O’Reilly has now reached the 20-goal mark in each of his three seasons with the Sabres.
- The goal, his 12th power-play tally of the season, moved him into a tie for ninth in the league in power-play goals.
- Sam Reinhart’s fourth three-point performance (1+2) of the season gives him 29 points (12+17) in his last 27 games.
- Jack Eichel, who earned an assist on Ryan O’Reilly’s goal in his first game back from a high-ankle sprain that sidelined him for 15 games, now has 35 points (15+20) in his last 31 games played.
|Updated Season Stats
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres forward Nicholas Baptiste
Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville
Blackhawks forward Jonathan Toews
Blackhawks forward Jordan Oesterle