- With tonight’s win, the Sabres have two wins against the Senators in a season for the first time since 2011-12.
- Sam Reinhart’s goal was his 20th of the year. He and Jack Eichel are now the third pair of Sabres rookies ever to record 20 goals in the same season, joining Danny Gare (31) and Peter McNab (22) in 1974-75 and Gilbert Perreault (38) and Steve Atkinson (20) in 1970-71.
- Eichel (49) and Reinhart (35) are also the first pair of Sabres rookies to each hit the 35-point mark since three Sabres rookies did so in 1987-88: Ray Sheppard (65), Pierre Turgeon (42) and Calle Johansson (42)
- Zach Bogosian (goal tonight) now has 11 points (5+6) in his last 12 games.
- With his assist tonight, Ryan O’Reilly now has 11 assists in his last 11 games played.
- Evander Kane (assist tonight) now has eight points (2+6) in his last eight games.
- Chad Johnson has now won five straight starts for the first time since he won six straight from March 9 to 29, 2014 as a member of the Boston Bruins.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forwards Sam Reinhart and Nic Deslauriers
Sabres defenseman Zach Bogosian
Senators head coach Dave Cameron
Senators forward Scott Gomez
Senators forward Alex Chiasson
Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson
Senators goaltender Craig Anderson