Tag Archives: Michael Frolik
The Buffalo Sabres have acquired forward Michael Frolik from the Calgary Flames in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft (originally owned by the San Jose Sharks).
- Is currently on pace to score at least 10 goals for the 10th time in his 12 NHL seasons. He has scored at least 10 goals at even strength eight times.
- Has totaled 19 points (7G, 12A) in 47 career NHL playoff contests, appearing in the postseason six times. He played in all 23 playoff games for the Chicago Blackhawks in 2013, culminating in his first Stanley Cup championship.
- Has represented the Czech Republic in major international tournaments nine times in his career. Most recently, he served as an alternate captain and recorded 14 points (7G, 7A) in 10 games at the 2019 IIHF World Championship.
- With points in their last 13 home games against Calgary (11-0-2), the Sabres have broken their series-record for most consecutive home games against the Flames with a point.
- The Sabres are now 17-3-2 in their last 22 home games against the Flames, with the last regulation home loss coming on March 15, 1996.
- The home team has now won 18 of the last 20 games between these teams, dating back to the 1999-00 season. The Flames’ last win in Buffalo was on Dec. 14, 2013.
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Buffalo’s three goals in a span of 1:41 in the second period were the team’s quickest three goals since the Sabres scored three in 1:08 vs. BOS (4/3/1998).
- The franchise record for fastest three goals is 39 seconds (Pat LaFontaine, Wayne Presley and Donald Audette, 3/22/1992 at Chicago)
- The Sabres scored three power-play goals for the first time since Oct. 12, 2015 vs. Columbus.
- Kyle Okposo’s power-play goal was Buffalo’s first 5-on-3 goal since Nikita Zadorov’s goal on Feb. 15, 2015 against Philadelphia.
- With his a goal and an assist tonight, Okposo now has 10 points (2+8) in his last nine games against the Flames.
- Matt Moulson’s goal ties him with Shea Weber for the NHL lead with six power-play goals this season.
- Marcus Foligno’s goal gives him six points (4+2) in five game games against Calgary since the beginning of the 2014-15 season.
- Taylor Fedun (two assists tonight) has an assist in all three of his NHL games this season and assists in four straight NHL games, going back to last season.
- Rasmus Ristolainen’s assist on Okposo’s goal gives him six points (4+2) in his last four games against the Flames.
- With his goal, Johan Larsson now has a point in each of his last three games against the Flames (2+1).
- Evander Kane (assist tonight) now has eight points (3+6) in eight career games against Calgary.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Johan Larsson
Sabres forward Matt Moulson
Sabres forward Kyle Okposo
Flames head coach Glen Gulutzan
Flames forward Matthew Tkachuk
Flames forward Michael Frolik
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano