- Buffalo has now won four straight games against Winnipeg/Atlanta for the first time since the Sabres defeated the Thrashers in four straight from Feb. 16, 2004 to Jan. 31, 2006.
- The Sabres have improved to 7-3-2 against the Western Conference this season, including points in each of their last four games (4-0-1) and wins in each of their last four home games against the West.
- Brian Gionta, who has now scored in each of Buffalo’s two games against Winnipeg this season, is now tied for the team lead with eight even-strength goals this season.
- With a goal and an assist, Ryan O’Reilly now has 13 points (4+9) in his last 14 games, including four (1+3) in two games since returning to the lineup following an appendectomy that sidelined him for four games.
- Sam Reinhart recorded the lone assist on O’Reilly’s goal, improving his output to nine points (2+7) in his last nine games.
- Reinhart now has six points (4+2) in four career games against Winnipeg.
- With his goal, Marcus Foligno now has a goal in consecutive games and has a point in each of his last three home games (2+1).
- Zemgus Girgensons’ goal gives him a point in each of his last three games against the Jets (1+2).
- Matt Moulson’s assist on the goal gives him seven points (1+6) in his last seven home games.
- Rasmus Ristolainen logged a career-high 30:22 of ice time today.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Marcus Foligno
Sabres defenseman Jake McCabe
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Jets head coach Paul Maurice
Jets forward Mark Scheifele
Jets forward Drew Stafford
Jets forward Blake Wheeler