The Buffalo Sabres have acquired a fourth-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft (originally owned by the San Jose Sharks) from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for defenseman Marco Scandella.
Tag Archives: Marco Scandella
- The Sabres improved to 11-3-3 in home games this season, putting the team on pace for its sixth-best home record and best since 1979-80.
- With the win, Linus Ullmark improved to 4-0-0 against the Kings in his career with a .928 save percentage and a 1.71 goals-against average.
- With his goal today, Rasmus Ristolainen now has five points (2+3) in his last five games against Los Angeles.
- Ristolainen has totaled nine points (2+7) in the Sabres’ last 12 games dating back to Nov. 29 vs. Toronto.
- Victor Olofsson’s empty net goal gave him 24 points (10+14) in his last 22 games. He has failed to record a point in just three of those 22 games.
- With his assist on Buffalo’s third goal, Jack Eichel has now recorded points in 18 consecutive games played, tying Gilbert Perreault (Oct. 24 to Dec. 4, 1971) for the most in franchise history. It’s the fifth-longest personal point streak in the last decade, trailing only Taylor Hall (26 in 2017-18), Patrick Kane (26 in 2015-16), Sidney Crosby (25 in 2010-11) and Patrick Kane (20 in 2018-19).
- With his two assists today, Sam Reinhart now has 10 points (3+7) in the Sabres’ last nine games.
- Marco Scandella’s goal today gave him three points (2+1) in his last four games against the Kings.
- Jeff Skinner, who recorded the primary assist on Ristolainen’s goal, now has seven points (6+1) in his last five meetings with the Kings.
- Jimmy Vesey also assisted on the Ristolainen goal, giving him an assist in each of his two games against Los Angeles this season.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres defenseman Marco Scandella
Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen
Kings head coach Todd McLellan
Kings defenseman Kale Clague
Kings defenseman Drew Doughty
The Sabres have recalled forward Curtis Lazar from the Rochester Americans (AHL).
Defensemen Zach Bogosian and Marco Scandella will return to practice today at KeyBank Center.
- Joins the Sabres for his second recall of the season (previously: Oct. 13).
- Has recorded nine points (4G, 5A) in his last nine games with the Americans, including a career-best five points (2G, 3A) on Oct. 26 at Syracuse and goals in each of the team’s last two games.
- Posted AHL career highs in goals (20), assists (21) and points (41) in 57 games with the Stockton Heat in 2018-19, earning a spot at the 2019 AHL All-Star Classic.
The Sabres have recalled defenseman Lawrence Pilut from the Rochester Americans (AHL) and placed defenseman Marco Scandella on injured reserve.
Goaltender Andrew Hammond will travel with the team for the 2019 NHL Global Series in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Split time between Buffalo and Rochester (AHL) in his first North American season in 2018-19.
- Totaled six points (1+5) in 33 NHL games and 26 points (4+22) in 30 AHL games in 2018-19. He led all AHL defensemen with more than five games played in points per game (.87).
- Leads all Rochester defensemen and is tied for third on the team with .75 points per game so far in 2019-20.
Sabres forward Jimmy Vesey (upper body) and defenseman Marco Scandella (lower body) will not play this evening in Detroit.
The two will be evaluated by doctors in Buffalo this weekend.