- The Sabres dropped the first game of a home-and-home series with the Devils that continues tomorrow night in New Jersey.
- Buffalo is now 90-45-24 all-time in the home portion of home-and-home series and 70-59-30 in the first game.
- The road team has now won each of the last five games between the Sabres and Devils. Prior to that stretch, the home team had won eight in a row.
- Eleven of the last 23 games between the Sabres and Devils have been settled in overtime or a shootout, including eight of the last 15.
- Buffalo killed off all six New Jersey power plays, improving to 16-for-16 on the penalty kill at home this season.
- With the overtime loss, Anders Nilsson is 4-1-1 in seven career appearances against the Devils, with a .953 save percentage and a 1.98 goals-against average.
- New Jersey’s first goal brought Nilsson’s shutout streak to an end at 119:46. His career-best streak is 131:08 (12/2/2015 to 12/11/2015) and was also snapped by the Devils.
- Through four appearances, Nilsson ranks eighth in save percentage (.942) and 11th in goals-against average (1.96) among NHL goaltenders with at least 120 minutes played this season.
- With his goal, Matt Moulson tied Patrick Laine and Wayne Simmonds for the NHL lead with five power-play goals this season.
- Ryan O’Reilly recorded an assist on the goal, marking his 200th career NHL assist.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres forward Matt Moulson
Sabres goaltender Anders Nilsson
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Devils defenseman Matt Greene
Devils defenseman Yohann Auvitu
Devils goaltender Keith Kinkaid
Devils head coach John Hynes