- Matt Moulson scored two goals and tied for the team lead with four shots in 19:48 of ice time in his Sabres debut.
- Moulson now has eight points (7+1) in seven career games against the Stars.
- As of the end of the game, Moulson was in a five-way tie (Crosby, Stamkos, Marleay, Hertl) for fourth-most goals in the NHL (8).
- With Moulson scoring on his first shot in a Sabres uniform, the Sabres now have six players on their roster who scored on their first shot with the team: Moulson (10/28/13 vs. DAL), Zadorov (10/23/13 vs. BOS), Girgensons (10/2/13 at DET), McBain (10/8/13 vs. TBL), Ott (1/20/13 vs. PHI), Leino (10/7/11 vs. ANA).
- The Sabres lost a regular-season game to the Stars in Buffalo for the first time since Oct. 7, 1997, Lindy Ruff’s first home game as head coach of the Sabres.
Sabres head coach Ron Rolston
Sabres forward Matt Moulson
Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller
Sabres forward Steve Ott
Stars head coach Lindy Ruff
Stars forward Erik Cole
Stars forward Tyler Seguin
Stars goaltender Kari Lehtonen