- With the win, the Sabres improved to 16-3-2 in their last 21 home games against the Flames, with the last regulation loss coming on March 15, 1996.
- Tonight’s win extended Buffalo’s point streak against Calgary to 13 straight home games (10-0-2), tying the longest such streak in Sabres-Flames history.
- The Sabres are now 7-5-2 against the Pacific Division this season, the team’s best record against any division.
- The Sabres are 8-4-2 in their last 14 games against the Western Conference, including a 5-2-1 record in their last eight games against the Pacific Division.
- With his second career three-point game (last: Feb. 12, 2016 vs. MTL), Marcus Foligno now has seven points (4+3) in his last five home games.
- Jack Eichel and Evander Kane each scored their 18 goals of the season, tying them with Sam Reinhart for the team lead.
- If either Eichel or Reinhart finishes the season with the team lead, he will be the first Sabres rookie to lead the team in goals since Ray Sheppard did so in the 1987-88 season.
- With two assists tonight, Zach Bogosian now has seven points (3+4) in his last six games.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Johan Larsson
Sabres forward Marcus Foligno
Flames head coach Bob Hartley
Flames forward Garnet Hathaway
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano
Flames defenseman Dougie Hamilton