- With two points (1+1) tonight, Jeff Skinner has extended his point streak to seven games (5+4). In his last seven games against the Panthers, Skinner has eight points (6+2).
- Skinner’s goal was his 25th of the campaign in the team’s 35th game of the season. According to the NHL, Alexander Mogilny (34th team game in 1992-93) is the only player in Sabres history to score 25 before the team’s 35th game of the season.
- Before Skinner tonight, three other Sabres had scored their 25th goal in the team’s 35th game of the season: Rick Martin (1973-74), Gilbert Perreault (1977-78) and Thomas Vanek (2008-09).
- Sam Reinhart’s assists tonight extended his point streak to 11 games (5+13). It’s the second-longest active streak in the NHL this season and the Sabres’ longest since Jack Eichel’s 11-game streak from Feb. 14 to March 7, 2017.
- Jack Eichel’s assist extended his point streak to seven games (9+5).
- Rasmus Ristolainen’s goal gave him 11 points (2+9) in his last 11 home games.
- Alexander Barkov’s power-play goal ended the Sabres’ penalty killing streak at 20 consecutive kills. It was the team’s best such streak since they killed 23 in a row from Jan. 10 to 25, 2016.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen
Panthers head coach Bob Boughner
Panthers forward Evgenii Dadonov
Panthers forward Frank Vatrano