- With tonight’s win, the Sabres have points in five straight divisional matchups (3-0-2) for the first time since they had points in six in a row from Feb. 26 to March 23, 2013.
- Buffalo’s win broke a six-game losing streak against Montreal, but the Sabres have now gone 6-0-1 in their last seven matchups with the Canadiens that came as part of a home-and-home series, including wins in the last five.
- A win tomorrow night would complete the Sabres’ third straight sweep of a home-and-home against the Habs. The last two came in Nov. 2007 and April 2006.
- Jhonas Enroth made 30 saves tonight and now has a .959 save percentage and a 1.37 goals-against average in his last four games.
- Judging by save percentage, this is the second-best four-game stretch of his career, trailing only his .963 mark from Nov.2 to Nov. 11, 2011.
- Enroth hasn’t allowed an even-strength goal in his last 268:35 on the ice. His even-strength save percentage of .936 this season ranks seventh in the league among goaltenders with at least 10 games played.
- Drew Stafford missed the second and third periods with a lower-body injury.
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Matt Moulson
Sabres forward Tyler Ennis
Sabres forward Marcus Foligno
Sabres goaltender Jhonas Enroth
Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien
Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty
Canadiens forward P.A. Parenteau
Canadiens forward Eric Tangradi
Canadiens defenseman Bryan Allen
Canadiens goaltender Carey Price