- Jimmy Vesey’s second-period tally was the first shorthanded point of his career. He now has a point in each of his last three games (2+1).
- The goal was Buffalo’s first shorthanded marker since Zach Bogosian scored in Chicago on March 7, 2019.
- Rasmus Asplund recorded his first NHL point with an assist on Vesey’s goal.
- Asplund became just the fourth player in Sabres history to record his first NHL point while shorthanded, joining Gary McAdam (10/16/75 vs. CHI), Daren Puppa (12/9/87 at CHI) and Ryan Miller (3/16/06 vs. TOR).
- Victor Olofsson’s goal tonight extended his point streak to a career-high five games (2+3). He now has nine points (3+6) in his last 10 games.
- Jack Eichel, who recorded the primary assist on Olofsson’s goal, now has at least a point in each of his last seven games (6+6).
- Brandon Montour appeared in his 200th NHL game tonight.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres forward Rasmus Asplund
Sabres forward Jimmy Vesey
Sabres goaltender Linus Ullmark
Flames Associate Coach Geoff Ward
Flames forward Matthew Tkachuk
Flames forward Elias Lindholm
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano