The Sabres have assigned the following players to the Rochester Americans (AHL):
Forwards Brandon Biro, Steven Fogarty, Brett Murray and C.J. Smith
Defensemen Casey Fitzgerald and Ryan Jones
Goaltenders Michael Houser and Dustin Tokarski
The Sabres have signed goaltender Dustin Tokarski to a two-year contract with an AAV of $725,000.
- Has played 11 AHL seasons since being drafted by the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2008, also appearing in 34 games during parts of six NHL seasons with the Lightning, the Montreal Canadiens and the Anaheim Ducks.
- Joined the Charlotte Checkers (AHL) in February 2019 and finished the regular season with a 7-0-0 record with the team before going 5-0 with a .935 save percentage in the playoffs to win his second Calder Cup.
- In addition to his professional accolades, has also won a WHL Championship, a Memorial Cup and a gold medal at the IIHF World Junior Championship.
- Buffalo is now 8-2 all-time in shootouts against Montreal.
- With the point, the Sabres have recorded at least a point in consecutive games for the first time this season. They are now 2-2-2 in their last six games.
- With the loss, Michal Neuvirth falls to 5-3-1 in his career against the Canadiens; he has a .969 save percentage and a 2.10 goals-against average in those 10 games.
- Neuvirth is now 2-5-1 with a .930 save percentage and a 2.59 goals-against average as a member of the Sabres.
- Andrej Meszaros led all players on either team with an ice time of 28:11. It was his highest total since he logged 29:00 on March 22, 2011 vs. WSH.
- Tyler Ennis recorded his 100th career assist on the Sabres’ goal, passing Stu Barnes for 50th in franchise history with 173 points.
Sabres head coach Ted Nolan
Sabres forward Brian Gionta
Sabres forward Drew Stafford
Sabres forward Tyler Myers
Sabres goaltender Michal Neuvirth
Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien
Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty
Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban
Canadiens goaltender Dustin Tokarski