- Tonight’s overtime loss extended the Sabres’ point streak to five games (3-0-2) for the first time since the team had points in nine straight games (7-0-2) from March 10 to 27, 2012.
- The Sabres finished October with a 6-4-2 record (.583). It was the team’s best opening month since the 2011-12 season (6-4-0) and the team’s best full month since March 2016 (7-4-4).
- With his goal, Jack Eichel has scored in three straight matchups with the Flames and has recorded 12 points (4+8) in his last 11 games overall.
- Jason Pominville’s assist on Eichel’s goal was his 500th point as a member of the Sabres. Pominville is now tied with Danny Gare for the ninth-most points in franchise history.
- Pominville’s assist also extended his point streak to five games (4+5), marking his first five-game point streak since Feb. 4 to 12, 2017.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Jason Pominville
Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton
Flames head coach Bill Peters
Flames forward Johnny Gaudreau
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano
Flames goaltender David Rittich