- With his goal tonight, Evander Kane now has a point in each of his last five games against the Predators (1+4).
- Jack Eichel scored his seventh goal of the season and his sixth at First Niagara Center.
- Ryan O’Reilly tallied an assist on Eichel’s goal, giving him a point in his fourth consecutive game against Nashville (1+3).
- After stopping all 12 shots he faced in relief tonight, Chad Johnson has now stopped 33 of 33 shots in two career appearances against the Predators. His other appearance was his first NHL shutout on Jan. 28, 2013 and came as a member of the Phoenix Coyotes.
- With a corsi for percentage of 78.8% at even strength (26 attempts for, 7 against), Evander Kane led all skaters and posted the seventh best CF% of his career. It was his best since his career-best 86.7% on Dec. 7, 2014.
- Evander Kane recorded 24:34 of ice time tonight, his highest total since Nov. 15, 2014 vs. PHI (25:19).
- Tyler Ennis missed tonight’s game with an upper-body injury.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres forward Marcus Foligno
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Predators head coach Peter Laviolette
Predators forward Mike Fisher
Predators forward Cody Hodgson
Predators goaltender Carter Hutton