- Buffalo had a franchise-record 10 players in the opening night lineup who weren’t on the team’s roster during the previous season.
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, it’s the most new players an NHL team has had in its lineup since the 2011-12 Florida Panthers (11).
- With two goals tonight, Jason Pominville now has nine points (7+2) in his last nine games against the Canadiens.
- Pominville’s first goal gave him 457 career points as a member of the Sabres, breaking a tie with Miroslav Satan for 11th-most points in franchise history. He now trails Thomas Vanek by 39 points for 10th on the franchise list.
- With Pominville’s goals, the Sabres have now had a newly-acquired player score in five of their last seven season-opening games.
- Evander Kane’s assist on Pominville’s second goal gave him eight points (2+6) in his last eight games against Montreal.
- Kane finished the night with 11 shots on goal, tying his career high (3x) and logging the most shots by a Sabre since his last 11-shot game on March 5, 2017 at Pittsburgh.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Jason Pominville
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Canadiens head coach Claude Julien
Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty
Canadiens forward Jonathan Drouin
Canadiens defenseman Victor Mete
Canadiens goaltender Carey Price