- Evander Kane’s goal tonight gives him 12 points (7+5) in his last 12 games.
- Kane, who leads all NHL players in even-strength goals since Dec. 1, finished the game tied for 11th in the league with 18 even-strength goals on the season.
- Robin Lehner earned his second shutout of the season and the fifth of his career. His 23 saves were the fewest needed by a Sabres goaltender in a shutout since Ryan Miller stopped all 22 Florida Panthers shots on Oct. 20, 2011 in Florida.
- Lehner finished tonight’s game ranked sixth in the NHL with a .926 save percentage this season.
- With his power-play goal, Sam Reinhart now has six points (2+4) in his last six games.
- Ryan O’Reilly, who recorded an assist on Reinhart’s goal, has tallied at least a point in all three of his career games against the Avalanche (0+4).
- With his assist on Reinhart’s goal, Rasmus Ristolainen has points in a career-best five straight home games (1+4).
- Injury update: Derek Grant left tonight’s game with a shoulder injury.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Avalanche head coach Jared Bednar
Avalanche forward Gabriel Landeskog
Avalanche goaltender Calvin Pickard