BUFFALO, N.Y. (September 24, 2017) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has assigned forwards Kyle Criscuolo, Hudson Fasching and C.J. Smith, as well as defenseman Brendan Guhle, to the Rochester Americans (AHL).
The Sabres now have 32 players (18 forwards, 11 defensemen and three goaltenders) on their training camp roster.
- The Sabres killed off their only penalty today, improving to 50-for-57 (87.7%) on the penalty kill in their last 22 games.
- C.J. Smith made his NHL debut today, recording his first NHL point with an assist on Evander Kane’s first-period goal.
- Kane’s 27th goal of the season gave him 12 points (9+3) in his last 12 games at KeyBank Center.
- With his goal, Zemgus Girgensons now has a goal in each of his last two games against the Islanders.
- With no points today, Jack Eichel has gone two games without a point for just the first time since Jan. 31 and Feb. 2. Eichel has totaled 34 points (11+23) in the 28 games since Feb. 2.
|Updated Season Stats
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward C.J. Smith
Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Islanders head coach Doug Weight
Islanders forward Anders Lee
Islanders forward Joshua Ho-Sang
Islanders forward Connor Jones
Islanders forward Cal Clutterbuck
BUFFALO, N.Y. (March 30, 2017) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed forward C.J. Smith to a two-year, entry-level contract.
Smith (5’11”, 185 lbs., 12/1/1994) signs with the Sabres after completing his third season with the UMass Lowell River Hawks (Hockey East). In 2016-17, he tied for eighth among NCAA skaters with 23 goals and ranked 12th with 51 points. Smith was also named the Hockey East Tournament MVP after leading the tournament with eight points (4+4) in five games.
A native of Des Moines, Iowa, Smith finished his college career with 125 points (56+69) in 120 games. He was named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team in 2014-15 and was named to the league’s All-Tournament Teams each of the last two seasons.