The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Brett Murray from the Rochester Americans (AHL).
- Led the Rochester Americans (AHL) with 20 points (9+11) in 27 games in his second pro season in 2020-21.
- Made his NHL debut for the Sabres on May 6, 2021 against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Skated in two games for the Sabres last season, recording one shot on goal and averaging 10:38 of ice time.
- Named to the USHL First All-Star Team in 2018-19 after leading the league in goals (41) and recording 76 points (41+35) in 62 games played for the Youngstown Phantoms.
The Sabres have assigned the following players to the Rochester Americans (AHL):
Forwards Brandon Biro, Steven Fogarty, Brett Murray and C.J. Smith
Defensemen Casey Fitzgerald and Ryan Jones
Goaltenders Michael Houser and Dustin Tokarski
The Buffalo Sabres have signed forward Brett Murray to a two-year, entry-level contract.“Brett acclimated very well to the AHL and showed continued improvement throughout the season. He has a unique blend of size and scoring ability and we’re excited to see his development continue.”
– Sabres General Manager Kevyn Adams
- Led all Rochester rookies in goals and ranked second among Amerks rookies in assists and points in 2019-20.
- Named to the USHL First All-Star Team in 2018-19 after leading the league in goals (41) and ranking second in points (76) in 62 games for the Youngstown Phantoms.
- Won the Top Prospect Award and was named to the All-Rookie Team as a member of the CCHL-champion Carleton Place Canadians during the 2015-16 season.
BUFFALO, N.Y. (September 10, 2019) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has assigned Lukas Rousek (Sparta Praha – Czech) and Matthew Welsh (Charlottetown – QMJHL) to their respective clubs, and released Stephen Harper, Bobby MacIntyre and Sebastian Vidmar from their tryouts.
The team has also assigned Pascal Aquin, Justin Baudry, Tobie Bisson, Shaw Boomhower, Kurt Gosselin, Brett Murray and John Wiitala to Rochester for the Americans’ training camp.
Posted in News Release
Tagged Bobby MacIntyre, Brett Murray, John Wiitala, Justin Baudry, Kurt Gosselin, Lukas Rousek, Matthew Welsh, Pascal Aquin, Sebastian Vidmar, Shaw Boomhower, Stephen Harper, Tobie Bisson