The Sabres have assigned the following players to the team’s taxi squad:
Forwards Rasmus Asplund and Casey Mittelstadt
Defensemen William Borgen and Brandon Davidson
Goaltender Jonas Johansson
The Sabres have signed defenseman Brandon Davidson to a one-year contract with an AAV of $700,000.
- Led all Stockton defensemen in points per game (.59) last season (min. five games played) while setting an AHL career high with 20 points (3+17) in 34 games.
- Tied his NHL career highs in games played (51) and goals (4) between the Montreal Canadiens, Edmonton Oilers and New York Islanders during the 2017-18 season.
- Named to the WHL (East) Second All-Star Team in 2012 after a 49-point campaign as the captain of the Regina Pats in his last junior season.
- Cal O’Reilly’s goal was his first as a member of the Sabres and his first in the NHL since Dec. 21, 2011, when he was a member of the Phoenix Coyotes.
- With 39 saves tonight, Robin Lehner is 2-3-2 in his last seven games with a .953 save percentage and a 1.55 goals-against average, making it the best seven-game stretch of his career by both metrics.
- Lehner’s .933 save percentage through 16 games played is the second-best in the league among goalies with at least five games played, trailing only Carey Price (12 GP, .934).
- After going 3-for-3 tonight, the Sabres are 64-for-70 (91.4%) on the penalty kill in their last 25 games, including a 25-for-26 mark (96.2%) in their last eight games.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Cal O’Reilly
Sabres forward Brian Gionta
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres defenseman Zach Bogosian
Oilers head coach Todd McLellan
Oilers forward Connor McDavid
Oilers forward Jordan Eberle
Oilers defenseman Brandon Davidson
Posted in Post-Game Report
Tagged Brandon Davidson, Brian Gionta, Cal O'Reilly, Connor McDavid, Dan Bylsma, Edmonton Oilers, Jack Eichel, Jordan Eberle, Sam Reinhart, Todd McLellan, Zach Bogosian