|Game Notes||NHL Stats||Press Clips|
Tuesday, November 19
Minnesota 4 at Buffalo 1
Goalie: Ullmark (22 saves/25 shots)
PP: 0/3; PK: 6/7; Shots: Buffalo 31 – Minnesota 26
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 93)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Zach Bogosian (hip, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 21 games
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 21 games
Vladimir Sobotka (lower body, Nov. 9; injured reserve) – 5 games
Marcus Johansson (upper body, Nov. 14; injured reserve) – 4 games
Johan Larsson (upper body, Nov. 16) – 3 games
Kyle Okposo (concussion, Nov. 17; injured reserve) – 2 games
Tage Thompson (upper body, Nov. 19) – 1 game
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/15: Recalled F Rasmus Asplund from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Marcus Johansson on IR
11/17: Recalled F Tage Thompson from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Kyle Okposo on IR
Sunday, Nov. 24: Buffalo at Florida, 5 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 25: Buffalo at Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 27: Calgary at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 29: Toronto at Buffalo, 4 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 30: Buffalo at Toronto, 7 p.m.
SABRES at BRUINS
- This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
- Last meeting: Boston defeated Buffalo 2-1 in Boston on Jan. 5
- Next meeting: Friday, Dec. 27 in Buffalo
- The Sabres are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 5-3-2 on the road.
- This is the 294th game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 125-123-45 series record.
- The Sabres are 51-73-21 on the road against the Bruins all-time.
THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY
- The Sabres are 9-12-1 all-time on November 21.
- November 21, 1981: Jim Schoenfeld and Yvon Lambert each score two goals and Don Edwards makes 28 saves in a 7-1 Sabres victory at Los Angeles.
- November 21, 2003: Mika Noronen stops 35 Carolina shots to earn his third career shutout in a 5-0 win against the Hurricanes.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- The road team has won six of the eight games between these teams in the last two seasons.
- Sam Reinhart has nine points (4+5) in his last 10 games, including four multi-point outings.
- Jack Eichel has seven multi-point games this season, tying for 13th-most in the league entering play Wednesday. His three multi-goal games left him one shy of the league lead.
- All eight of Jeff Skinner’s goals this season have come during 5-on-5 play. According to NaturalStatTrick.com, he is tied for eighth-most in the league entering play Wednesday.
HOT AGAINST BOSTON
- Jack Eichel has totaled 10 points (5+5) in six career visits to Boston, including four-point games on Dec. 26, 2015 and Dec. 16, 2018.
- Sam Reinhart has posted seven assists in eight games against the Bruins in the last two seasons, including five assists in four road games during that span.
- Boston hasn’t held Reinhart without a point in consecutive games since the 2015-16 season; he has recorded at least a point in nine of his last 14 games against the Bruins.
- Linus Ullmark has stopped 74 of 78 shots (.949) in his two career games against the Bruins.
A STRONG START
- With 13 goals in 21 games so far this season, Jack Eichel is already nearly halfway to his previous best goal total (28), set in the 2018-19 season.
- Eichel’s output through 21 games currently has him on pace to finish the season with 51 goals and 98 points, which would be the highest goal and point totals by a Sabre since Pat LaFontaine (53+95) and Alexander Mogilny (76+51) in 1992-93.
- Sam Reinhart’s 17 points (8+9) through 21 games put him on pace for career-high totals in both goals (31) and points (66).
GOALIES OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the Sabres had two goaltending prospects earned Goaltender of the Week honors from their respective leagues:
- Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen was named ECHL Goaltender of the Week after posting shutouts in his third and fourth career ECHL games. Through five appearances with the Cincinnati Cyclones, the Espoo, Finland native entered play Wednesday ranked second among league goaltenders with a 1.79 goals-against average.
- Erik Portillo earned the USHL Goaltender of the Week nod after turning aside 43 of 45 shots (.956) in a pair of wins for the Dubuque Fighting Saints last week. In his first 10 games in North America, Portillo has posted an 8-1-1 record and entered play Wednesday ranked second in the league with a 2.17 goals-against average.
SABRES AMONG LEAGUE-LEADERS (Sabres’ league rankings before 11/20 games)
- Eichel: 418 FO (6th), 13 G (T-6th), 9 EVG (T-8th), 1 OTG (T-8th), 76 S (T-10th)
- Hutton: 2 SO (T-1st)
- Johansson: 1 OTG (T-8th)
- Olofsson: 6 PPG (T-6th)
- Ristolainen: 74 hits (5th)
- Ullmark: 1 SO (T-8th)
- Sabres defenseman Colin Miller played two seasons (2015 to 2017) for the Bruins after being traded to the team on June 26, 2015. In 103 games with Boston, Miller totaled nine goals and 20 assists.
- Sabres defenseman Rasmus Dahlin and Bruins forward Par Lindholm played for Team Sweden together at the 2018 Winter Olypmics in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- Sabres forward Jack Eichel played with Bruins defenseman Matt Grzelcyk for Team USA at the 2014 IIHF World Junior Championship.
- Sabres forward Jack Eichel won a bronze medal with Bruins defenseman Brandon Carlo while representing the United States at the 2015 IIHF World Junior Championship.
- Sabres forward Jack Eichel, Bruins forward Anders Bjork and Bruins defenseman Charlie McAvoy all played for Team USA together at the 2017 IIHF World Championship.
- Sabres defenseman Henri Jokiharju and Bruins defenseman Urho Vaakanainen played for Team Finland together at both the 2018 and 2019 IIHF World Junior Championships, winning gold in 2019.
- Sabres forward Johan Larsson and Bruins forward Joakim Nordstrom won a gold medal together while representing Sweden at the 2012 IIHF World Junior Championship.
- Sabres defenseman Jake McCabe and forward Jimmy Vesey won a gold medal with Bruins forward Sean Kuraly while playing for Team USA at the 2013 IIHF World Junior Championship.
- Sabres defenseman Brandon Montour and Bruins forward Chris Wagner both previously played for the Ducks. They were teammates in Anaheim for two seasons (2016 to 2018).
- Sabres forward Sam Reinhart won a gold medal for Team Canada with Bruins forward Brad Marchand at the 2016 IIHF World Championship.
- Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen and Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask represented Finland together at the 2016 World Cup of Hockey.
- Sabres defenseman Marco Scandella and Bruins forward Charlie Coyle played for the Wild together from 2012 to 2017. Scandella also played in Minnesota with Bruins defenseman Steven Kampfer during the 2011-12 season.
- Sabres forward Jeff Skinner and Bruins forward Joakim Nordstrom played in Carolina together for three seasons from 2015 to 2018.
- Sabres forward Jimmy Vesey and defenseman John Gilmour played for the Rangers with Bruins defenseman Steven Kampfer.
- Sabres forward Jimmy Vesey and Bruins forward Charlie Coyle won a bronze medal for Team USA together at the 2015 IIHF World Championship.
SABRES REAL-TIME STATS LEADERS
Hits: Ristolainen (74), McCabe (37), Miller (31)
Blocked Shots: McCabe (39), Ristolainen (32), Jokiharju (19)
Shots: Eichel (76), Skinner (75), Olofsson (50)
SABRES’ RECORD IN 10 GAME SEGMENTS [W-L-OTL (PTS), GF/GA, PP, PK]
1-10: 8-1-1 (17), 38/24, 12/39, 23/30
11-20: 2-6-2 (6), 21/35, 2/26, 21/29
21-30: 0-1-0 (0), 1/4, 0/3, 6/7
OVERTIME RESULTS (2-2; 122-130 all-time)
Oct. 7 at CBJ: L, 4-3 (GWG-Texier, 2:08)
Oct. 9 vs. MTL: W, 5-4 (GWG-Johansson, 1:30)
Oct. 22 vs. SJS: W, 4-3 (GWG-Eichel, 3:13)
Nov. 14 vs. CAR: L, 5-4 (GWG-Hamilton, 2:28)
SHOOTOUT RESULTS (1-1; 76-70 all-time)
Oct. 11 vs. FLA: W, 3-2 (GDG-Eichel)
Oct. 28 vs. ARI: L, 3-2 (GDG-Schmaltz)
MILESTONES APPROACHING (Player … Needs … Milestone)
Brandon Montour … 4 games … 200 career games played
Jake McCabe … 5 games … 300 career games played
Sam Reinhart … 5 goals … 100 career goals
Jimmy Vesey … 8 points … 100 career points
Rasmus Asplund … 1st NHL game … Nov. 16 vs. OTT
Carter Hutton … 200th NHL game … Nov. 17 at CHI