- The five-goal second period was Buffalo’s most prolific period at home since the Sabres scored five goals in the third period to earn a 5-1 win vs. Carolina on Nov. 28, 2009.
- The Sabres had 14 players record a point in the second period. It tied the Sabres’ franchise record for most players with a point in a single period. The other instances were on Nov. 2, 2006 vs. Tampa Bay and Oct. 21, 2009 at Florida.
- With the win, Buffalo improved to 14-5-3 at KeyBank Center this season.
- C.J. Smith and Lawrence Pilut each scored their first NHL goals tonight. The game was the sixth time in franchise history in which two Sabres have recorded their first NHL goals in the same contest.
- The last such game was April 6, 2018, when Casey Mittelstadt and Alexander Nylander each scored their first career goals at Tampa Bay.
- Including tonight, four of the six instances saw players score their first NHL goals in the same period.
- Jeff Skinner’s goal tonight was his 29th of the season and 23rd at even strength, giving him sole possession of the NHL lead in even-strength tallies.
- Skinner now has six points (4+2) in his last six games against New Jersey.
- Jake McCabe’s goal was the first shorthanded point of his career and gives him a point in each of his last three games against the Devils (2+1).
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward C.J. Smith
Sabres forward Evan Rodrigues
Sabres defenseman Lawrence Pilut
Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton
Devils head coach John Hynes
Devils defenseman Andy Greene
Devils defenseman Ben Lovejoy