- The Sabres failed to get a point at home for the first time since Dec. 29 vs. Boston, ending a 6-0-1 run at KeyBank Center.
- Anaheim became the first Pacific Division team to earn a regulation win at KeyBank Center since a 3-2 Edmonton win on Nov. 7, 2014, ending a 13-0-3 run at home against the Pacific Division for the Sabres.
- The Sabres are now 12-2-3 in their last 17 home games against the Western Conference and 10-5-2 overall against the West this season.
- Anaheim’s first goal snapped a streak of 218:39 without allowing a 5-on-5 goal for Robin Lehner that dated back to Jan. 31 at Montreal. The streak included 105 saves and 186:37 of 5-on-5 ice time.
- Jack Eichel’s goal gives him 16 points (7+9) in 16 home games this season, including nine (3+6) in his last six contests at home.
- Kyle Okposo’s assist on Eichel’s goal extended his point streak to four games (2+2) and gives him nine points (5+4) in nine career games against Anaheim.
- Ryan O’Reilly (assist) now has at least a point in each of his last five home games (3+4) and 15 points (5+10) in his last 13 games at KeyBank Center.
- Sam Reinhart’s assist tonight gives him 12 points (4+8) in his last 12 home games.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Ducks head coach Randy Carlyle
Ducks forward Corey Perry
Ducks forward Antoine Vermette
Ducks forward Rickard Rakell