The Sabres have recalled defenseman Lawrence Pilut from the Rochester Americans (AHL) and placed defenseman Marco Scandella on injured reserve.
Goaltender Andrew Hammond will travel with the team for the 2019 NHL Global Series in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Split time between Buffalo and Rochester (AHL) in his first North American season in 2018-19.
- Totaled six points (1+5) in 33 NHL games and 26 points (4+22) in 30 AHL games in 2018-19. He led all AHL defensemen with more than five games played in points per game (.87).
- Leads all Rochester defensemen and is tied for third on the team with .75 points per game so far in 2019-20.
BUFFALO, N.Y. (July 1, 2019) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed goaltender Andrew Hammond to a one-year contract with an AAV of $700,000.
A six-year veteran, Hammond (6’2”, 223 lbs., 2/11/1988) has 56 games of NHL experience with the Ottawa Senators and Colorado Avalanche, including two extended stays with the Senators in 2014-15 and 2015-16. During those two seasons, Hammond went 27-12-6 and ranked among the NHL’s leading goaltenders with a minimum of 15 games played in save percentage (2nd, .927) and goals-against average (8th, 2.21).
In addition to his time in the NHL, Hammond has appeared in 132 AHL contests for the Binghamton Senators, Belleville Senators, San Antonio Rampage and Iowa Wild. The Surrey, British Columbia native has a 62-55-6 career AHL record.
- With the win, the Sabres improved to 9-5-2 all-time in preseason matchups with the Senators, including a 2-3-0 record at home.
- The win marked the first victory by the home team in in the last seven preseason matchups between the teams.
- Derek Grant contributed on all three of the Sabres’ goals, scoring once and setting up two others.
- The Sabres signed Grant to a one-year deal on July 2. He finished the 2015-16 season ranked sixth in the AHL with 27 goals despite appearing in just 36 games with the Stockton Heat.
- With a goal and an assist in his fourth NHL preseason game, Nicholas Baptiste recorded his first NHL preseason points.
- Baptiste had four points (3+1) in two games during the Prospects Challenge at HarborCenter from Sept. 17-19, including a hat trick in a 6-3 loss to the New Jersey Devils prospects.
- Tonight’s Attendance: 17,868
Sabres forward Nicholas Baptiste
Sabres forward Derek Grant
Sabres defenseman Jake McCabe
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Senators forward Derick Brassard
Senators forward Chris Neil
Senators goaltender Andrew Hammond
Senators head coach Guy Boucher