- With today’s loss, the Sabres have fallen to 5-2-0 in seven afternoon games this season.
- Buffalo and Winnipeg have now split a season series for the first time since the 2013-14 season.
- With today’s goal, Jack Eichel has set a new career high in even strength points with 43 (14+29). His previous high of 42 was set in 67 games during the 2017-18 season.
- Eichel now has five points (3+2) in his last three games against the Jets.
- With his assist today, Rasmus Dahlin has tied Elias Pettersson for the rookie lead with 25 assists this season.
- Dahlin’s assist was his 31st point of the season, tying him with Jim Benning and Doug Bodger for third-most ever recorded by an NHL defenseman before his 19th birthday. Only Phil Housley (57) and Bobby Orr (38) tallied more as 18-year-old defensemen.
- Jeff Skinner, who also assisted on Buffalo’s goal, now has five points (2+3) in five games during this home stand and six points (3+3) in six games against Winnipeg since the beginning of the 2016-17 season.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Kyle Okposo
Sabres defenseman Matt Hunwick
Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton
Jets head coach Paul Maurice
Jets forward Blake Wheeler
Jets forward Andrew Copp
Jets goaltender Connor Hellebuyck