- With the loss, the Sabres fell to 24-19-5 all-time in season-openers and 17-10-5 when opening at home.
- Jack Eichel made his debut as the Sabres’ captain. At 21 years of age, Eichel became the youngest captain in Sabres history, passing Jim Schoenfeld, who served as the team’s captain as a 23-year-old in the 1975-76 season.
- Rasmus Dahlin (18 years, 175 days) became the second-youngest player ever to appear in a game with the Sabres, behind only fellow No. 1 pick Pierre Turgeon (18 years, 41 days on Oct. 8, 1987 vs. Minnesota).
- Seven players made their Sabres regular-season debuts tonight: Patrik Berglund, Rasmus Dahlin, Carter Hutton, Conor Sheary, Jeff Skinner, Vladimir Sobotka and Tage Thompson
- It marked the second-most new players the Sabres have ever dressed in a season-opener, trailing only the nine players who made their Sabres debuts on Oct. 10, 2015 vs. Tampa Bay (Carlo Colaiacovo, Jack Eichel, Cody Franson, Chad Johnson, Evander Kane, David Legwand, Robin Lehner, Jamie McGinn and Ryan O’Reilly).
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Kyle Okposo
Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton
Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy
Bruins forward Anders Bjork
Bruins forward Brad Marchand
Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara
Bruins goaltender Jaroslav Halak