- Jeff Skinner, who scored his 35th and 36th goals of the season tonight, is the first Sabres player with 35 or more goals since Thomas Vanek scored 40 during the 2008-09 season.
- Skinner is the fifth player in to score at least 35 goals in his first season with the Sabres, joining Gilbert Perreault (38), Rick Martin (1971-72), Ray Sheppard (1987-88) and Pat LaFontaine (1991-92).
- The game was Skinner’s eighth multi-goal game of the season, tying his previous career high (2016-17). He becomes the first Sabres player to record at least eight multi-goal games in a season since Vanek recorded 10 in 2008-09.
- With his 19th and 20th goals at KeyBank Center this season, Skinner became the first player to score 20 goals at home for the Sabres since Derek Roy’s 20 in the 2007-08 season.
- Skinner totaled eight points (5+3) during the team’s seven-game homestand that ended tonight.
- Sam Reinhart, who recorded an assist tonight, has tied his career high with 50 points this season (13+37).
- Reinhart now has six points (2+4) in six games against the Rangers since the beginning of last season.
- Jason Pominville recorded his 300th assist as a member of the Sabres, the eighth-highest total in franchise history. He trails Don Luce by 10 for seventh-most.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres defenseman Zach Bogosian
Rangers head coach David Quinn
Rangers forward Vladislav Namestnikov
Rangers forward Mike Zibanejad
Rangers defenseman Marc Staal
Rangers goaltender Alexandar Georgiev