- With tonight’s win, the Sabres improved to 8-4-3 against the Atlantic Division this season, including a 5-2-2 record at home. The team also improved to 13-5-3 at home this season.
- The Sabres are now 12-3-6 in one-goal games so far this season. Buffalo last won more than half of its one-goal games in a season in 2011-12 (21-9-11).
- Jeff Skinner’s first goal of the night was his 27th goal of the season, moving him into sole possession of second place in the NHL in goals this season. His second goal was his seventh game-winner of the season, tying him for the NHL lead.
- Skinner now has 10 points (8+2) in his last eight games against the Panthers.
- Sam Reinhart recorded his third consecutive two-point game (1+1) against the Panthers. He now has points in each of the last six meetings between the clubs, totaling nine points (4+5) in those contests.
- With 17 points (9+8) in 16 career games against Florida, Reinhart has more points per game against the Panthers than any other team.
- Reinhart’s assist on Skinner’s first goal was his 31st of the 2018-19 season, establishing a new career high in his 41st game of the season.
- Buffalo improved to 17-5-4 this season when Reinhart records at least one point and 28-4-6 in his career when he records at least two.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Tage Thompson
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres goaltender Linus Ullmark
Panthers head coach Bob Boughner
Panthers forward Aleksander Barkov
Panthers forward Mike Hoffman