Sabres forward Tage Thompson underwent successful surgery on his right shoulder on Tuesday.
After further evaluation with the Sabres’ team doctors during the rehab process for his injury sustained on Nov. 17, it was determined that surgery was the appropriate next step in Thompson’s recovery process.
Thompson’s expected recovery time will be five to six months.
The Buffalo Sabres have recalled defenseman Lawrence Pilut from the Rochester Americans (AHL).
- Joins the Sabres for his second recall of the season after appearing in 33 games with the team during his first NHL season in 2018-19.
- Led all AHL defensemen (min. 5 GP) with .87 points per game after totaling 26 points (4G, 22A) with the Americans in 2018-19.
- Selected to play in the AHL All-Star Classic in both of his first two AHL seasons (didn’t participate in 2019 due to recall to Buffalo).
- Earned the Salming Trophy as the SHL’s Defenseman of the Year in 2017-18.
Sabres forward Victor Olofsson will be out five to six weeks with a lower-body injury.
The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Scott Wilson from the Rochester Americans (AHL).
- Joins the Sabres for his first recall of the season after appearing in 64 games with the team over the last two seasons.
- His six goals this season tie for third-most among all Americans players.
- Recorded three assists in 15 NHL games in 2018-19 after recovering from an ankle injury that sidelined him for the first 42 games of the season.
- Won a Hockey East title with UMass-Lowell in 2013 before beginning his professional career and won the Stanley Cup with Pittsburgh in 2017.
The Buffalo Sabres have acquired a fourth-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft (originally owned by the San Jose Sharks) from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for defenseman Marco Scandella.