The Sabres have signed goaltender Linus Ullmark to a one-year contract with an AAV of $2.6 million.
- Set a new NHL career high with 17 wins in 2019-20 and ranked ninth in the league with a .926 save percentage at even strength.
- Currently owns the fourth-best career shootout save percentage (.840) of any goaltender in NHL history with at least 20 shots faced. His four wins through six career shootouts trail only Ryan Miller (49) and Jhonas Enroth (10) for most in franchise history.
- Tied his previous career high with 44 saves in a 7-1 win vs. New Jersey on Dec. 2, 2019 and finished the season with a 4-0-1 record when facing at least 40 shots.
The Sabres have signed forward Sam Reinhart to a one-year contract with an AAV of $5.2 million.
- Has ranked among Buffalo’s top three point-scorers every season since 2015-16, joining Rick Martin, Dave Andreychuk and Jack Eichel as one of four Sabres ever to do so in each of his first five full NHL seasons.
- Ranks second among all Sabres in total goals and points since he made his NHL debut in October 2014.
- Appeared in all of the team’s games for the third consecutive season in 2019-20, scoring a career-best .32 goals per game.
The Sabres have signed defenseman Casey Nelson to a one-year contract with an AAV of $700,000.
- Registered 12 points (4+8) in 48 games for the Rochester Americans during his fifth professional season in 2019-20.
- Led the Amerks with a career-best plus-18 rating while ranking fourth on the team and second among club defensemen in shots (107).
- Posted six points and tied his NHL career high with five assists while skating in 38 games for the Sabres in 2018-19.
- Won two WCHA championships in three years at Minnesota State University and was named the 2016 WCHA Defensive Player of the Year.
The Sabres have signed forward Steven Fogarty to a one-year contract with an AAV of $700,000.
- Played in seven regular-season games for the New York Rangers in 2019-20 and made his NHL postseason debut on Aug. 3 at Carolina.
- As team captain in 2019-20, ranked second among Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) skaters in assists (24) and tied for third on the team in points (37) after ranking second on the team in goals (21), assists (31) and points (52) in 2018-19.
- Won a CCHA championship as a freshman at Notre Dame and went on to serve as the team’s captain as a junior and senior. Recorded 65 points (27+38) in 150 career NCAA games.
The Sabres have signed forward Taylor Hall to a one-year contract with an AAV of $8 million.
- His 1.05 points per game in the last three seasons ranks 17th in the NHL.
- Won the Hart Trophy in 2018 after leading the New Jersey Devils to the playoffs with career-high totals in goals (39), assists (54) and points (93).
- Has been selected to four NHL All-Star Games in his career.
- Won back-to-back gold medals with Team Canada at the 2015 and 2016 IIHF World Championships. Has recorded 24 points (15+9) in 28 total games for Canada’s senior national team.