|Game Notes||NHL Stats||Press Clips|
Saturday, November 9
Buffalo 3 at Tampa Bay 5
Goals: Reinhart, Olofsson, Eichel
Goalie: Hutton (35 saves/40 shots)
PP: 0/2; PK: 1/3; Shots: Buffalo 43 – Tampa Bay 40
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 71)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Zach Bogosian (hip, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 17 games
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 17 games
Marco Scandella (lower body, Oct. 25; injured reserve) – 6 games
Vladimir Sobotka (lower body, Nov. 9) – 1 game
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/11: Assigned D Lawrence Pilut to Rochester (AHL)
11/13: Recalled F Curtis Lazar from Rochester (AHL)
Saturday, Nov. 16: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 17: Buffalo at Chicago, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 19: Minnesota at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 21: Buffalo at Boston, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 24: Buffalo at Florida, 5 p.m.
HURRICANES at SABRES
- This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Hurricanes this season.
- Last meeting: Carolina defeated Buffalo 4-2 in Raleigh on March 16
- Next meeting: Sunday, March 15 in Buffalo
- The Sabres are 1-6-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Hurricanes; 4-4-2 at home.
- This is the 205th game all-time between Buffalo and Carolina; Buffalo has a 102-75-27 series record.
- The Sabres are 58-33-10 at home against the Hurricanes all-time.
THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY
- The Sabres are 7-3-7 all-time on November 14.
- November 14, 2009: Tyler Ennis scores in his NHL debut and the Sabres top the Flyers 3-2 in Philadelphia.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Sam Reinhart has eight points (5+3) in his last eight games and enters tonight with multi-point efforts in each of his last two outings (3+1). He has recorded three straight multi-point games just once in his career: Dec. 15 to 18, 2018 (0+7).
- Reinhart recorded at least a point in all three meetings with Carolina last season (0+4).
- Jack Eichel has totaled 10 points (6+4) in 12 career games against the Hurricanes, including seven (3+4) in his last five and eight (6+2) in six home games.
- Jimmy Vesey has recorded nine points (5+4) in eight games against Carolina since the beginning of the 2017-18 season.
- Jeff Skinner has scored at least one goal in each of his three career games against his former club (4+0).
- Colin Miller has totaled four points (1+3) in his last four games against Carolina.
- Marco Scandella had a point in both of his meetings with the Hurricanes last season (1+1).
- Rasmus Dahlin is expected to appear in his 100th NHL game tonight.
- Dahlin, who leads all Sabres defensemen with 12 points and is tied for the team lead with 11 assists this season, enters the game with 56 career points (10+46) through his first 99 NHL games.
- Among defensemen throughout franchise history to debut with the Sabres, only Phil Housley (30+64) matched or surpassed Dahlin’s minimum of 56 points through the first 100 regular-season games of his career.
WELCOME TO BUFFALO
- Curtis Lazar is expected to make his regular-season Sabres debut tonight. He would become the sixth player (of Buffalo’s 22 skaters to dress this season) to make his Sabres debut in 2019-20.
- Prior to his recall on Wednesday, Lazar had recorded nine points (4+5) in his last nine games with the Rochester Americans (AHL), including a career-best five points (2+3) on Oct. 26 at Syracuse and goals in each of the team’s last two games.
- Selected by the Ottawa Senators in the first round (17th overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft, Lazar posted AHL career highs in goals (20), assists (21) and points (41) in 57 games with the Stockton Heat in 2018-19, earning a spot at the 2019 AHL All-Star Classic.
SABRES AMONG LEAGUE-LEADERS (Sabres’ league rankings before 11/13 games)
- Buffalo Sabres: 25.0% PP% (5th)
- Dahlin: 7 PPA (T-10th)
- Eichel: 1 OTG (T-6th), 4 PPG (T-8th), 9 PPP (T-9th)
- Hutton: 2 SO (T-1st), 2.39 GAA (9th)
- Johansson: 1 OTG (T-6th)
- Olofsson: 6 PPG (4th)
- Ristolainen: 57 hits (T-9th)
- Ullmark: 1 SO (T-6th)
- Sabres forward Jeff Skinner played for the Hurricanes from 2010 to 2018 after being selected by Carolina with the seventh overall pick in the 2010 NHL Draft. Skinner totaled 379 points (204+175) in 579 games with the Hurricanes and still ranks in the top 10 in franchise history in goals (5th), points (7th) and games played (9th).
- Sabres forward Jack Eichel and Hurricanes defenseman Jaccob Slavin played together for Team USA at the 2014 IIHF World Junior Championship.
- Sabres forward Jack Eichel and Hurricanes defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk both played for the United States at the 2017 IIHF World Championship.
- Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton played in St. Louis with Hurricanes defenseman Joel Edmundson from 2016 to 2018.
- Sabres forward Marcus Johansson and Hurricanes forward Brian Gibbons played together in New Jersey during the 2017-18 season.
- Sabres defenseman Henri Jokiharju and Hurricanes forward Eetu Luostarinen won a gold medal together for Team Finland at the 2019 IIHF World Championship.
- Sabres forward Curtis Lazar played with Hurricanes forward Ryan Dzingel in Ottawa from 2015 to 2017.
- Sabres defenseman Jake McCabe and Hurricanes defenseman Jake Gardiner played for the United States at the 2014 IIHF World Championship.
- Sabres defenseman Colin Miller and Hurricanes forward Erik Haula were both members of the Golden Knights’ inaugural team. The two played together in Vegas for two seasons, from 2017 to 2019.
- Sabres defenseman Brandon Montour was a teammate of Hurricanes forward Brian Gibbons in Anaheim for part of the 2018-19 season.
- Sabres forward Kyle Okposo and Hurricanes forward Nino Niederreiter both previously played for the New York Islanders. They were teammates from 2010 to 2012.
- Sabres forward Victor Olofsson and Hurricanes forward Lucas Wallmark played for Team Sweden together at the 2015 IIHF World Junior Championship.
- Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen and Hurricanes forwards Sebastian Aho, Erik Haula, and Teuvo Teravainen all played for Team Finland at the 2016 World Cup of Hockey. Ristolainen and Teravainen also played together at the 2013 and 2014 IIHF World Junior Championships, winning a gold medal in 2014.
- Sabres forward Jeff Skinner and Hurricanes goaltender James Reimer were teammates at the 2011 IIHF World Championship, where both played for Team Canada.
- Sabres forward Jeff Skinner and Hurricanes forward Jordan Staal both played for Team Canada at the 2013 IIHF World Championship.
- Sabres forward Jimmy Vesey and Hurricanes defenseman Jake Gardiner played together at the 2015 IIHF World Championship, winning a bronze medal for Team USA.
SABRES REAL-TIME STATS LEADERS
Hits: Ristolainen (57), Miller (31), McCabe (30)
Blocked Shots: McCabe (38), Ristolainen (26), Jokiharju (17)
Shots: Skinner (62), Eichel (56), Reinhart (39)
SABRES’ RECORD IN 10 GAME SEGMENTS [W-L-OTL (PTS), GF/GA, PP, PK]
1-10: 8-1-1 (17), 38/24, 12/39, 23/30
11-20: 1-5-1 (3), 12/24, 2/17, 14/18
OVERTIME RESULTS (2-1; 122-129 all-time)
Oct. 7 at CBJ: L, 4-3 (GWG-Texier, 2:08)
Oct. 9 vs. MTL: W, 5-4 (GWG-Johansson, 1:30)
Oct. 22 vs. SJS: W, 4-3 (GWG-Eichel, 3:13)
SHOOTOUT RESULTS (1-1; 76-70 all-time)
Oct. 11 vs. FLA: W, 3-2 (GDG-Eichel)
Oct. 28 vs. ARI: L, 3-2 (GDG-Schmaltz)
MILESTONES APPROACHING (Player … Needs … Milestone)
Rasmus Dahlin … 1 game … 100 career games played
Carter Hutton … 2 games … 200 career games played
Brandon Montour … 8 games … 200 career games played
Jake McCabe … 9 games … 300 career games played
Sam Reinhart … 6 goals … 100 career goals
Jimmy Vesey … 8 points … 100 career points
Kyle Okposo … 8 points … 500 career points
Rasmus Ristolainen … 200th NHL point … Nov. 8 vs. TBL
Casey Mittelstadt … 100th NHL game … Nov. 9 at TBL