Sabres head coach Don Granato
Sabres forward Cody Eakin
Sabres defenseman Rasmus Dahlin
Sabres goaltender Dustin Tokarski
Coyotes head coach André Tourigny
Coyotes forward Andrew Ladd
Coyotes goaltender Karel Vejmelka
- According to Natural Stat Trick, Buffalo’s line of Rasmus Asplund, Victor Olofsson and Tage Thompson was on the ice for 15 shot attempts for and zero shot attempts against in 13:31 of ice time at 5-on-5.
- The line generated eight scoring chances for and allowed zero chances against at 5-on-5.
- The Sabres have held the opposition to only two goals through the season’s first two games for the first time since 2008-09.
- Cody Eakin’s second-period goal gave him points in consecutive games to start the season (1+1). Eakin now has six points (3+3) in his last seven games against the Coyotes dating back to 2018-19.
Eakin’s goal was his first power-play tally since March 18, 2019.
- Thompson and Arttu Ruotsalainen scored in the shootout for Buffalo. It was Ruotsalainen’s first career shootout attempt. Thompson is now 3-for-6 in his career in shootouts.
- Rasmus Dahlin led all Sabres in ice time with 25:21. It’s the 13th time in his career that he’s logged 25:00 or more.
|Updated Season Stats|