- Tonight’s 5-1 win matched Buffalo’s largest margin of victory in a season-opening game in franchise history. The Sabres previously notched four-goal wins in three other season openers, most recently on Oct. 10, 2002 vs. NYI.
- With his two first-period assists, Colin Miller has recorded his first multi-point game since Jan. 24 at WSH. Dating back to last season, Miller now has five assists in his last five games played.
- Miller also now has five assists in his last five games played against the Canadiens.
- Zemgus Girgensons scored a goal and added an assist for his first multi-point game since Feb. 23, 2020.
- Vinnie Hinostroza recorded an assist on Buffalo’s fourth goal to notch his first point as a Sabre.
- Buffalo went 3-for-6 on the power play tonight with power-play tallies from Kyle Okposo, Victor Olofsson and Tage Thompson. The last time the Sabres scored at least three power-play goals in the same game was Jan. 24, 2021 at WSH.
- Since making his NHL debut on March 28, 2019, Olofsson is tied for ninth in the league with 21 tallies on the power play.
|Updated Season Stats|