- With tonight’s win, the Sabres overcame a multi-goal deficit in consecutive games for the first time since Nov. 17 and 19, 2018 at home against Minnesota and Pittsburgh, respectively, according to NHL Stats.
- Michael Houser became the first Sabres goaltender to win his first two starts since Mika Noronen did so on Oct. 5 and 7, 2000.
- His 45 saves tonight are the most a Sabres goaltender has had in a single game since Carter Hutton stopped 47 shots on Oct. 17, 2019 at Los Angeles.
- Tonight marked Anders Bjork’s first multi-goal game of the season.
- Bjork’s deciding goal in the shootout was his first shootout goal in the first attempt of his career.
- Bjork also set a new career high in ice time, skating 21:14.
- Since joining the Sabres, Bjork has totaled six points (3+3) in 13 games, surpassing his total with Boston this season in 17 fewer games.
- Drake Caggiula earned his first point as a Sabre with an assist on Cody Eakin’s goal.
- With the primary assist on Bjork’s first goal of the night, Colin Miller now has assists in consecutive games played.
- Buffalo’s penalty kill is 26-for-29 (89.7%) in the team’s last 17 games against the Islanders dating back to April 2, 2017.
|Updated Season Stats|