|Game Notes||NHL Stats||Press Clips|
Friday, April 23
Boston 4 at Buffalo 6
Goals: Reinhart (3), Dahlin, Mittelstadt, Ruotsalainen
Goalie: Luukkonen (36 saves/40 shots)
PP: 2/3; PK: 1/1; Shots: Boston 40 – Buffalo 34
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 247)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Zemgus Girgensons (hamstring, Jan. 14; injured reserve) – 48 games
Jake McCabe (knee, Feb. 22; injured reserve) – 34 games
Jack Eichel (neck, March 9; injured reserve) – 25 games
Carter Hutton (lower body, March 24) – 18 games
Linus Ullmark (lower body, April 15) – 6 games
Kyle Okposo (cheek, April 17) – 5 games
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
4/20: Signed Lukas Rousek to a two-year, entry-level contract; Recalled G Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen from the taxi squad; Reassigned G Michael Houser to the taxi squad
4/22: Activated D William Borgen from IR
Tuesday, April 27: Buffalo at NY Rangers, 7 p.m.
Thursday, April 29: Buffalo at Boston, 7 p.m.
Saturday, May 1: Buffalo at Boston, 1 p.m.
Monday, May 3: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, May 4: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
SABRES at RANGERS
- This is the seventh of eight meetings between the Sabres and Rangers this season.
- Last meeting: Buffalo defeated New York 3-2 (SO) in Buffalo on April 3.
- Next meeting: Tuesday, April 27 in New York.
- The Sabres are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Rangers; 3-7-0 on the road.
- This is the 192nd game all-time between Buffalo and New York; Buffalo has an 85-69-37 series record.
- The Sabres are 34-40-20 on the road against the Rangers all-time.
THIS DAY IN SABRES HISTORY
- The Sabres have never played a regular-season game on April 25.
- April 25, 1999: Dominik Hasek stops 31 shots to record his sixth career playoff shutout and Brian Holzinger scores two goals in a 3-0 win against the Senators.
- April 25, 2007: Thomas Vanek nets two goals, including the game-winner, as Buffalo defeats the Rangers 5-2 in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW.
- Sam Reinhart has recorded 11 points (7+4) in 13 games during the month of April. Reinhart is tied for the team lead in goals and leads the team in points this month.
- Reinhart has 20 goals in 46 games this season, the fastest he has reached the 20-goal mark in his career. He is one of 15 players in franchise history to have at least five 20-goal seasons with the Sabres.
- Reinhart’s 12 road goals this season are tied for fifth in the NHL.
- Dylan Cozens has seven assists in his last eight games dating back to April 11. His seven assists during that span leads all rookies and ties for second-most among all NHL skaters.
- Casey Mittelstadt has totaled 11 points (8+3) in his last 14 games. His eight goals ties him with Reinhart for the team lead during that stretch.
- Dustin Tokarski was named the NHL’s first star of the week for the week ending April 18.
- Tokarski made a league-best 128 saves on 137 shots during the week, compiling a 2.27 goals-against average and .934 save percentage.
- Tokarski ranks fifth in the NHL with 273 saves during the month of April.
- Entering play Saturday, the Sabres were the least-penalized team in the NHL with 6:13 of penalty time per game. Buffalo has been assessed 299 total penalty minutes this season, nine fewer than the next closest team, the Chicago Blackhawks.
HOT AGAINST THE RANGERS
- Sam Reinhart has six points (2+4) in six games against the Rangers this season. His four assists are his most against an opponent and six points tie for his most against an opponent.
- Victor Olofsson tallied five points (1+4) in six contests with New York this season. His four assists mark his most against an opponent this season.
- Rasmus Asplund (1+0, 1 GP), Olofsson (0+2, 2 GP), Reinhart (1+1, 2 GP), and Tobias Rieder (1+0, 1 GP) are all playing at a point-per-game pace at Madison Square Garden this season.
- Dylan Cozens’ 9 faceoff win percentage against the Rangers is his highest against any opponent he has taken at least 10 draws against.
- Rasmus Ristolainen paces all Buffalo players in time-on-ice per game played (24:25), hits (14) and blocked shots (11).
ALL DAHLED UP
- Rasmus Dahlin has recorded ten points (3+7) in his last 12 contests dating back to April 3. Dahlin ranks in the top-10 among all NHL defensemen in goals (T-2nd), assists (T-7th), and points (T-2nd) during that stretch.
- Dahlin’s seven even-strength points since April 3 are tied for fourth in the league among defensemen.
- Dahlin’s goal on April 23 was the 18th of his NHL career, which trails only Andrei Svechnikov (57), Joel Farabee (23) and Jesperi Kotkaniemi (22) for the most among players born in the 2000s, according to NHL Stats.
- He currently ranks among the franchise’s top 15 defensemen in every major scoring category (min. 82 GP): .10 G/GP (12th), .47 A/GP (5th) and .56 PTS/GP (5th).
RISTO IN THE RECORD BOOK
- With his goal on April 6 at New Jersey, Rasmus Ristolainen took sole possession of the eighth-most goals by a defenseman in Sabres history. He now trails Richard Smehlik by one goal for seventh-most.
- Ristolainen’s first assist on Jan. 24 at Washington moved him past Jim Schoenfeld for the seventh-most career points recorded by a Sabres defenseman. He currently trails Bill Hajt by three points for sixth-most.
- Ristolainen holds the franchise record for most overtime goals by a defenseman (4) and is tied for ninth all-time among the team’s blueliners with six game-winning goals.
- Ristolainen’s career per-game output ranks him among the franchise’s top 15 defensemen in every major scoring category (min. 82 GP): .09 G/GP (14th), .37 A/GP (15th), .45 PTS/GP (13th)
SABRES AMONG LEAGUE-LEADERS (Sabres’ league entering play Saturday)
- Reinhart: 9 PPG (T-8)
- Ristolainen: 162 Hits (4th)
SABRES REAL-TIME STATS LEADERS
Hits: Ristolainen (162), Miller (86), Dahlin (66)
Blocked Shots: Ristolainen (56), Miller (50), Irwin (43)
Shots: Olofsson (109), Reinhart (105), Dahlin (96)
SABRES’ RECORD IN 10 GAME SEGMENTS [W-L-OTL (PTS), GF/GA, PP, PK]
1-10: 4-4-2 (10), 30/32, 12/39, 19/23
11-20: 2-7-1 (5), 16/28, 7/23, 18/23
21-30: 0-9-1 (1), 18/45, 0/14, 18/26
31-40: 3-5-2 (8), 28/35, 3/23, 28/34
41-50: 4-3-1 (9), 25/23, 4/27, 14/16
OVERTIME RESULTS (0-4; 126-138 all-time)
Jan. 28 vs. NYR: L, 3-2 (GWG-Lafrenière, 2:47)
Feb. 25 vs. NJD: L, 4-3 (GWG-Zacha, 1:17)
March 29 vs. PHI: L 4-3 (GWG-Provorov, 0:42)
April 1 vs. NYR: L 3-2 (GWG Zibanejad, 4:32)
SHOOTOUT RESULTS (3-3; 80-74 all-time)
Jan. 22 at WSH: L, 4-3 (GDG-Carlson)
Jan. 24 at WSH: W, 4-3 (GDG-Eichel)
Jan. 30 vs. NJD: W, 4-3 (GDG-Eichel)
March 9 at PHI: L 5-4 (GDG-Couturier)
April 3 vs. NYR: W 3-2 (GDG-Thompson)
April 13 at BOS: L 3-2 (GDG-Coyle)
MILESTONES APPROACHING (Player … Needs … Milestone)
Rasmus Ristolainen … 1 goal … 47 career goals (T-7th in franchise history, defensemen)
Rasmus Ristolainen … 5 assists … 200 career assists
Colin Miller … 8 assists … 100 career assists
Mattias Samuelsson … First NHL point (assist) … April 23 vs BOS
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen … First NHL win … April 23 vs BOS