- Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen earned his first win in his first career start with 36 saves.
- He becomes the first Sabre to win his first career start since Mika Noronen did so on Oct. 5, 2000, a 4-2 win over the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Sam Reinhart scored his fourth-career hat trick to reach to 20-goal mark for the fourth consecutive season.
- It’s his first hat trick since Feb. 23, 2019 vs. Washington and the first Sabres hat trick since Jack Eichel scored four goals at home against Ottawa on Nov. 16, 2019.
- Reinhart’s five multi-goal games this season trail only Toronto’s Auston Matthews (8) for the league-lead, according to NHL stats.
- Mattias Samuelsson recorded two assists in the Sabres’ win, marking both his first point and the first multi-point game of his NHL career.
- Rasmus Dahlin recorded his third multi-point game of the season (1+1) and has now totaled 10 points (3+7) in his last 12 games dating back to April 3.
- Dahlin ranks in the top 10 among all NHL defensemen in goals (T-2nd), assists (T-7th) and points (T-2nd) during that span.
- Dahlin’s seven even-strength points since April 3 are tied for fourth among defensemen.
- With his second-period goal, Casey Mittelstadt now has 11 points (8+3) in his last 13 games dating back to March 31. His eight goals during that span are tied for the fourth in the league.
- With the primary assist on Arttu Ruotsalainen’s goal, Dylan Cozens how has seven assists in his last eight games dating back to April 11. His eight assists during that span are tied for the second-most in the NHL.
- Buffalo has not allowed a power-play goal in five consecutive games against the Bruins. The Sabres have killed 15 straight Boston power plays dating back to the third period of their game on March 18.
|Updated Season Stats|