- Rasmus Dahlin extended his point streak to four games (1+4) with an assist on Henri Jokiharju’s first-period goal.
- Dahlin’s four-game assist streak matches his longest this season (Last: Feb. 20 at New Jersey to Feb. 25 vs. New Jersey).
- With his goal tonight, Casey Mittelstadt now has six points (4+2) in his last six games, marking the best six-game stretch of his career.
- Tage Thompson’s goal tonight extended his point streak to three games (2+1).
- Tonight also marked the second time in his career and first since Nov. 19 and 21, 2018 that Thompson scored a goal in consecutive games.
- Cody Eakin went a perfect 8-for-8 at the faceoff dot, marking the first time in his career that he was perfect at the faceoff dot in a game in which he’s taken at least six faceoffs.
- Tonight was the second time this season that a Sabres player was perfect at the faceoff dot while taking at least eight faceoffs. The other was Mittelstadt, who also went 8-for-8 against Pittsburgh on March 11.
- With two assists tonight, Rasmus Ristolainen now has nine points (1+8) in his last 11 games against the Capitals dating back to the 2018-19 season.
- Buffalo went 35-for-58 at the faceoff dot for a 60.3 win percentage. Tonight’s game was the sixth game this season and second against the Capitals in which the Sabres have won at least 60 percent of their faceoffs.
|Updated Season Stats|