- Dustin Tokarski made a career-high 44 saves tonight, his highest total since he turned away 41 shots on March 17, 2015.
- His 44 saves tonight are the most by a Buffalo goaltender since Linus Ullmark made 44 saves on Dec. 2, 2019 vs. New Jersey.
- The 47 shots Tokarski faced tonight are also a single-game career high.
- Per NHL Stats, Tage Thompson’s game-tying goal tonight was tied for the third latest in Sabres franchise history.
- Thomas Vanek scored with two seconds left in a 5-4 shootout win against Montreal on Feb. 7, 2013 and Phil Housley scored with three seconds left on Jan. 7, 1983, a 5-5 tie with Vancouver.
- Rasmus Asplund opened the scoring tonight with his third goal of the season, two of which have come against the Rangers.
- Asplund’s goal marked his third point of the season, tying his total last season in 29 games as a rookie.
- Buffalo has been perfect on the penalty kill in 19 of its 36 games this season.
- Tonight was the fourth time this season that the Sabres have killed off at least four penalties in a game.
- The Sabres have scored the first goal in their last four games, matching their longest such streak of the season (Feb. 20 to Feb. 25).
|Updated Season Stats|