- With his first-period goal, Henri Jokiharju now has recorded a point in his last two games (1+1). It’s the first time he has had points in consecutive games since Dec. 10 and 12, 2019 (0+2).
- Kyle Okposo’s assist on Jokiharju’s goal extended his point streak to four games, totaling four points (2+2) during that span.
- The streak is Okposo’s longest since he had points in five consecutive games from Feb. 16 to Feb 26, 2020, recording six points (4+2) during that stretch.
- Brandon Montour’s second-period goal marked his second of the season. Both of Montour’s goals this year have been against the Flyers.
- Matt Irwin led the team with six blocked shots, tying his single-game career high. It marks the third time in his career that he’s had six blocked shots in a game and first since March 4, 2020 at Colorado.
- Irwin has led or tied for the team lead in blocked shots in 11 of the 17 games he has played this season.
- Buffalo went a perfect 2-for-2 on the penalty kill tonight. It’s the 17th game this season where the Sabres have been perfect on the penalty kill.
|Updated Season Stats|