- With the loss, the Sabres fell to 5-1-1 in their last seven contests against the Devils, including a 3-1-1 record this season.
- The home team had won six straight games between these teams before the road team won the four most recent games in the series.
- Tonight’s game wrapped up Buffalo’s first of two home-and-home sets this season (both against the Devils) after a 4-1 win on Tuesday in New Jersey.
- The Sabres have now scored at least one power-play goal in 11 of their last 12 games, going 16-for-38 (42.1%) during that stretch. They lead the league with a 34.6 percent conversion rate this season.
- With his first goal of the season, Casey Mittelstadt became the 10th member of the Sabres to score a power-play goal in 2020-21. The Sabres’ 10 power-play scorers tie the Chicago Blackhawks for most in the NHL this season.
- Eric Staal recorded his 1,029th NHL point with an assist on Mittelstadt’s goal, tying Alex Kovalev for 80th-most in NHL history.
- Sam Reinhart’s third-period, power-play goal sent the game to overtime and extended his point streak to five games (4+3).
- Reinhart now has nine points (7+2) and 22 shots in his last six games against New Jersey, scoring at least one goal in five of those contests.
- Rasmus Dahlin led the Sabres with 21:39 of ice time and recorded an assist to extend his point streak to four games (0+4).
|Updated Season Stats|