- The Sabres went 2-for-2 on the penalty kill to improve to 18-for-20 (90.0%) in their last 11 games against the Islanders.
- The Sabres have now killed 16 of their last 18 penalties to improve to 81.5 percent on the penalty kill this season, ranking 11th in the NHL.
- Through 12 games, Buffalo has allowed just five power-play goals against. The team now ranks third in the NHL with .42 power-play goals against per game.
- Rasmus Dahlin led both teams with 25:21 of ice time tonight, topping 25 minutes for the second consecutive night.
- In Dahlin’s 19:55 of 5-on-5 time, the Sabres out-attempted the Islanders 27-10 (71.4% CF%). Among defensemen in tonight’s game, only Dahlin’s defense partner, Colin Miller, posted a better corsi for percentage (73.0%).
- William Borgen recorded a team-high five hits in tonight’s game.
|Updated Season Stats|