- With tonight’s loss, the Sabres fell to 2-2-0 in the first game of back-to-back sets this season. They have split two of their previous sets and were swept in the other.
- Brandon Davidson and Steven Fogarty both made their Sabres debuts tonight. William Borgen made his season debut after appearing in four games with the team in March 2019.
- Victor Olofsson’s second-period power-play goal extended his point streak to seven games (3+5), surpassing his previous career-best streak.
- The Sabres have now scored at least one power-play goal in each of their last six games. The team is 10-for-24 (41.7%) on the power play in those contests.
- Olofsson has recorded a power-play point in each of Buffalo’s last six games, totaling seven power-play points in those contests (3+4). He is the first NHL player to record power-play points in six straight games since David Pastrnak (Dec. 23, 2019 to Jan. 4, 2020) and the first Sabres player to do so since Daniel Briere (Oct. 20 to Nov. 2, 2005).
- Only two Sabres have recorded power-play points in more than six consecutive games: Dave Andreychuk (11, Oct. 21 to Nov. 14, 1992) and Pat LaFontaine (8, Jan. 21 to Feb. 4, 1992).
- Olofsson’s team-high four power-play goals this season tie for fourth-most in the NHL. With 17 career power-play goals, he trails only David Pastrnak (22) and Leon Draisaitl (20) for the most in the league since he made his NHL debut on March 28, 2019.
|Updated Season Stats|