- Rasmus Dahlin scored his first goal of the season on the power play in the second period, improving his career output against New Jersey to seven points (1+6) in six games.
- Dahlin became the Sabres’ league-leading eighth player to score a goal with the man-advantage in 2020-21. Rasmus Ristolainen increased the team’s total to nine with his third-period power-play goal.
- With two power-play assists today, Victor Olofsson has extended his point streak to six games (2+5), tying his previous career high.
- Olofsson’s eight power-play points (3+5) tie him with Joe Pavelski for the NHL lead this season.
- Olofsson now has seven points (4+3) in four career games against the Devils.
- Jack Eichel, who also assisted on both power-play goals, has recorded 14 points (6+8) in his 13 career games against the Devils. His team-high nine assists tie for sixth-most in the NHL this season and his team-high 11 points tie for seventh.
- Eichel went 17-for-25 on faceoffs today (68.0%), matching his career-high total of 17 faceoff wins set on Jan. 22 at Washington.
- Rasmus Ristolainen and Jake McCabe, who both assisted on Buffalo’s first goal, have now been on the ice together for eight 5-on-5 goals for this season. Only Edmonton’s Ethan Bear and Darnell Nurse (9 GF) have been on the ice for more 5-on-5 goals as a pair this season.
|Updated Season Stats|